- new open project "Multiseat Gentleman's Kit" here
- released faketty 2.6.30
- xicons renamed to xicorun
- released xicons 0.14
- released faketty 0.06
- page got new extraordinary face powered by PHP
- released xdevice 0.01 Xorg extension
- released faketty 0.05 kernel module
- fix 2.6.15 compile issues
- module and service have separate install commands
- released xke 0.03
- allowed modificator keys like "RightControl+RightShift+A"
- bison as grammar compilator
- released faketty 0.04 kernel module
- ftty device node minor base is 96
- faketty now creates /dev/fttyXX devices for keyboards and speakers only
- ruby sync to 2.6.13.
- Released faketty 0.03 kernel module.
- fixed compile issues.
- Released faketty 0.02 kernel module.
- allow multiple open
- add PC speaker support
- fix possible read deadlock
- Makefile clean up
- Released hijackled 2.6.11-12mdk kernel module.
- Released faketty 2.6.XX kernel module.
- 2.6 sync to 2.6.11, 2.6.11-mm2 . Prepared by Zoltan Boszormenyi.
- 2.6 fixed gcc-2.95.3 related issues, because newer gcc, 3.4.2 and above, uses stricter rules for "inline function"
- 2.6 sync to 2.6.10 without frambuffer support
- 2.6 sync to 2.6.9
- page moves to www.ltn.lv/~aivils
- colect (b)ruby patches from net
- 2.4 sync to 2.4.25
- 2.4 fixed previous version nasty bug
- 2.4 sync to 2.4.23
- 2.6 fixed console initialization
- 2.4 fixed Config.in files and sonypi.c konicawc.c
- 2.4 USB HID from vanilla 2.4.22 instead outdated 2.5.XX backport
- 2.6 now real multiuser framebuffer device
- 2.6 /dev/vc/0 uses admin_vt
- fixed drivers/char/Config.in again
- /dev/vc/0 uses admin_vt
- 2.4.22 version logical compatible with 2.6.XX version.
/dev/tty0 - now current console
VGA console has /dev/tty1-16
DUMMY console has /dev/tty17 , only one TTY device file
DUMMY console /dev/tty18 and so on
- ruby-2.6 sync to 2.6.0-test6
- ruby-2.6.0-test3 now has framebuffer console
- added ruby-2.6.0-test3
- fixed drivers/char/Config.in
- xf86 prefbusid3 patch. New /etc/X11/XF86Config server layout options:
Identifier "Anaconda Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Mouse1" "SendCoreEvents"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
Option "PrefBusID" "PCI:1:0:0"
# Option "SingleCard" "true"
- synced to 2.4.22
- fixed VGA console driver, now it support all resolutions
- multiple keyboards may be bounded with single console. $ echo "+usb-foo-bar" > /proc/bus/console/00/keyboard command add "usb-foo-bar" as 2nd keyboard to VT0. Important is "+" sign in 1st place. This may may help or not to catch "multimedia-keys" on modern keyboards (USB). I am not sure about this feature usability
- added minimum of patches of multimedia of Con Kolivas. some weeks tested localy. Feeling similar as under Linux
- german translation added
- synced to 2.4.21
- 2.5 version with right "hackvideo"
- input.agent remaked wihtout /usr/bin/paste command, because /usr filesystem may be mount after input initialization
- 2.5 version fixed sysrq compile issues
- 2.5 version synced with 2.5.70
- step back to 2.4.20
- added /proc/bus/pci/hackvideo feature. Now bakcstreet-ruby is "self-contained". $ echo "1" > /proc/bus/pci/hackvideo command filter xf86 PCI configuration. Now user can use unpatched xf86 binaries. Allow use xf86 /proc/bus/pci interface in /etc/X11/XF86Config file.Please add Section "ServerFlags" Option "PciOsConfig" "1" EndSection
- fixed VT_OPENQRY . Now X open free /dev/ttyXX , not /dev/tty0
- fixed serport as module.
- fixed lack of input_sync() in iforce.
- synced with 2.4.21-rc1
- some compile issues cleaned
- XFree86 cannot use tty0. Please set manualy parameter: vt7
- synced with 2.4.21-pre7
- input layer backported from 2.5.67
- new XFree86 4.3.0 patch. Added parameter "prefbusid"
"startx -- -prefbusid 0:10:0" will start X over PCI device 0:10:0 and do not distrub other video adapters.
- fixed vc_screen.c copmpile issues
- fixed usb-ohci.c
- previous 20-DEC version uploaded with bug. This is clean.
- added proc file system interface for VT-handler. Check /proc/bus/console
- synced with linux-2.4.20
- fixed kernel echo char to console
- fixed console cursor positon after vt switch
- fixed keyboard leds
User command "killall -9 X" kill X server, but VGA do not pop up. Text mode lost. Remote user can run X server again.
linuxconsole.sf.net lead maintainer total remake ruby CVS. Now I try sync code.
- VGA now support 8bit characters. VGA scrolling buffer in video RAM.
- for console used one proper tty driver
- multiple X servers works nice
- kernel do not echo char to console. You cannot see Your login name
- console may lost cursor position. Sometimes text is overwrited
- keyboard leds will not work
- keyboard leds switch flaky
oopses: none know
Fixed keyboard repluging
Fixed previous version bug - user can not switch from closed console to active
Fixed Ctrl-Alt-Fx bug under single X.
Now USB-HID ported form Johan Deneux Force Feedback project.
Fixed initialization of variables. Improved stability.
Pluged in unnecessary keyboards don't lead oops on keypress.
Fixed oops when VC not opened, but user press key (possible under ruby).
Magic SysRq ported now from linuxconsole.bkbits.com
Fixed "Unable to open initial console" trouble. Keyboard initialization may performed during init process or never. Usable modular keyboard drivers.
VGA console rewrited like Linus tree, but still buggy. Hope to fix next time.
fixed broken usb-hid
fixed usb-hid incomplete backport
Fixed a least one nasty bug. Now the patched kernel runs on any IBM PC-compatible hardware and stability is improved.
sync with linuxconsole project.
sync USB-HID with 2.5.31
Initial version of linuxconsole project backport. buggy but works for me for four months.